Status Change - Received ITA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status Change - Received ITA

I have received an ITA to apply this week .I have an query . My Profile is based on as Single . Now I got married and want to include my spouse . If i recalculate my score i am still in the cut off limit . My question is can i add her to my profile before i submit docs or i should proceed as Single Applicant

Would be really thankful if you can guide me in this situtation

You can add her. I am sure people have done this in the past. They will ask for some additional documents which you will be required to provide

Comment

If you got married AFTER receiving the ITA and BEFORE you submitted the post ITA application, you must inform IRCC about change in marital status at the time of submitting your application. Your points will be recalculated by the officer assessing your application and the application may be declared invalid if your recalculated points are below the draw cutoff which got you the ITA in the first place.

Comment

Dear Asivad,

My name is Haris Jamal Baig. I am a Pakistani Civil Engineer (Noc 2131) living as an expat in Saudi Arabia for more than 7 years. I have Bachelor's Degree in the aforementioned profession. In the late past (Apr 5th 2017) I received invitation to apply under Economic Migrant "Federal Skilled Worker Outland" category from Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada and later on i submitted my eAPR (May 19th 2017) with CRS of 433 as a single applicant along with all the required documents. Kindly note that the cutoff score of that batch was 431. I am going to marry in coming three months and off course i would like to incorporate my wife in my application. Although there are many posts regarding this matter but your suggestion will give me enough confidence to pursue. Please answer the below questions;

I have got my AOR the same day i submitted my eAPR but i am afraid of loosing points if i incorporate spouse at this stage, my score will be reduced below the cutoff. Could you please enlighten me that how can i safely and within reasonable time frame incorporate spouse?

I am expecting my PPR after Oct 2017. Please advice the best time accordingly.

Should i get my wife's ECA and IELTS done before that step? are these mandatory when i am not claiming points for her education?

Please explain further if i have missed anything.

I anticipate your prompt response.

Kind Regards,
        Haris

Comment

Originally posted by Harisbaig1986 View Post
          Dear Asivad,

My name is Haris Jamal Baig. I am a Pakistani Civil Engineer (Noc 2131) living as an expat in Saudi Arabia for more than 7 years. I have Bachelor's Degree in the aforementioned profession. In the late past (Apr 5th 2017) I received invitation to apply under Economic Migrant "Federal Skilled Worker Outland" category from Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada and later on i submitted my eAPR (May 19th 2017) with CRS of 433 as a single applicant along with all the required documents. Kindly note that the cutoff score of that batch was 431. I am going to marry in coming three months and off course i would like to incorporate my wife in my application. Although there are many posts regarding this matter but your suggestion will give me enough confidence to pursue. Please answer the below questions;

I have got my AOR the same day i submitted my eAPR but i am afraid of loosing points if i incorporate spouse at this stage, my score will be reduced below the cutoff. Could you please enlighten me that how can i safely and within reasonable time frame incorporate spouse?

I am expecting my PPR after Oct 2017. Please advice the best time accordingly.

Should i get my wife's ECA and IELTS done before that step? are these mandatory when i am not claiming points for her education?

Please explain further if i have missed anything.

I anticipate your prompt response.

Kind Regards,
          Haris
          Points aren't recalculated if your marital status changes after submitting eAPR. Get married at any point in time before landing, your spouse can then be added to the current application and both of you will receive PPR at the same time. Your spouse doesn't need to get ECA or IELTS done.

All the best!

Comment

• tripti
            tripti commented
            Editing a comment
            Dear Asivad, I desperately need your help. I had an unprofessional and unscrupulous immigration agent and hence i had to ask him to decline the ITA (i couldn't decline as i dont have the login details as my profile was created under an authorized paid representative portal (APR portal).
            Can i now create a new express entry profile myself and wait for the next draw (my score is 464)? If the agent will not delete my profile from APR portal will it cause any problem later on for my new profile? Please please need your help
        Working...
        X